Thompson Hall ca. 1920
A view looking East of Thompson Hall, Washington State University's first Administration building. Thompson Hall is the oldest extant building on campus, designed by noted Seattle architect, James Stephen and his Chicago trained partner, Timotheus Josenhans. It is prominently sited and immediately identifiable by its two large towers, one truncated and one with conical roof. The romantic Victorian Romanesque character of the building is further enhanced by rich variety of windows and entryways and the use of rock-faced granite (quarried near Spokane) for its contrasting trim.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries: <br> http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/holland/masc/masc.htm
For permission to publish please contact Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (509) 335-6691.
Original photographic prints were scanned as 300 dpi TIFF files on a Microtek 9600XL or Agfa Arcus II scanner. 72 dpi JPEG files were then added to the CONTENTdm database at the WSU Libraries.