Campus buildings--Washington (State)--Pullman<br>Fires--Washington (State)--Pullman<br>Ferry Hall (Old)--Washington (State)--Pullman<br>
A view looking East after the fire that destroyed the original Ferry Hall, WSU Building #8. In 1897 a fire starting in the kitchen -- located on the ground floor to the right-- burned out of control. A group of men dressed in black suites and military uniforms are gathered in front of the building's remains. An unscathed wooden pole stands in the center foreground. Built in 1892, Ferry Hall was the first large building to be constructed on campus. Designed by H. Preusse to be a dormitory, it housed men and women on separate floors .
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries: <br> http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/holland/masc/masc.htm
For permission to publish please contact Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (509) 335-6691.
Original photographic prints were scanned as 300 dpi TIFF files on a Microtek 9600XL or Agfa Arcus II scanner. 72 dpi JPEG files were then added to the CONTENTdm database at the WSU Libraries.